- 1 1/2 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced or grated
- 1/2 cup chopped or grated purple or green cabbage
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 15-ounce can black beans
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 medium-sized tortillas
- 4 tablespoons grated cheese (such as jack, feta, mozzarella, or parmesan)
- Optional toppings: yogurt, salsa, and/or avocados
- Sauté onion, carrot, and purple cabbage in oil for 3-5 minutes.
- Add spinach, cilantro or parsley, beans (rinse beans first in a colander to wash off excess sodium), and seasonings. Cook until the spinach is wilted. Keep warm.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of canola oil in a frying pan over medium heat (don't let oil smoke). Spritz or brush a tortilla on both sides with a small amount of water. Place in the pan and cook until lightly browned. The tortilla should be crisp.
- Spoon in the still-warm filling and double over. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1 tablespoon cheese. Top with yogurt and salsa, if desired.
Nutrition per serving:
Fat: 4.3g (saturated: 2g; unsaturated: 2.3g)