- 2 cups of non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries (or strawberries, blackberries or raspberries)
- 1/4 cup of honey (or sugar)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Blend blueberries, honey and lemon juice in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add yogurt to blueberry mixture in blender or food processer and mix until combined.
- Pour blueberry and yogurt mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, pour mixture into a freezer-proof container (shallow metal pan or glass container). For soft serve consistency, freeze 30 to 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. For solid ice cream consistency, freeze for 1 to 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in a container in the freezer. If frozen yogurt becomes too solid in freezer, place in refrigerator for 30 minutes until desired consistency is met.
Katelyn Castro is a nutrition volunteer at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and student in the dietetics program at Syracuse University. Katelyn has a passion for cooking and sharing fresh seasonal recipes with friends and family that are both flavorful and nutritious. Recipe adapted from eatingwell.com.