- 1/4 cup flavored vinegar (such as wine vinegar or raspberry vinegar)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound beet greens, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Heat vinegar and garlic in saucepan.
- Add greens and cook until wilted.
- Add water, cover and simmer two minutes. Add more water as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Uncover and cook until remaining liquid evaporates.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cayenne pepper.
If desired, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil before serving to boost calories and add flavor.
Ghosh, Kris. Betty Crocker's Living with Cancer Cookbook, 2002.