- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 15 ounce can nonfat refried beans
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, bell pepper and garlic. Saute until tender. Add cumin.
- Warm beans in a saucepan.
- Whisk eggs, then pour over sautéed vegetables. Carefully stir until eggs are soft and well scrambled.
- Heat tortillas in oven for about 10 minutes.
- Fill each tortilla with one quarter of the eggs and beans. Top with choice of yogurt or sour cream. Add salsa to taste.
What to Eat Now, The Cancer Lifeline Cookbook by Rachel Keim and Ginny Smith