- 4-5 large carrots, grated (use a mandolin, grater, food processor or buy pre-shredded)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger (on a fine microplane grater)
- 1/2 lemon, squeeze (about 1 tablespoon juice)
- 1 teaspoon white or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
Combine grated carrot with sliced green onions.
Whisk together grated ginger, minced garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, sesame oil, Dijon mustard and extra virgin olive oil.
Pour dressing over carrot mixture and toss to coat.
Add salt/pepper as needed.
Cover and chill 1 hour, or serve as is.
Natalie Lowell is a volunteer at Dana-Farber and graduate of Simmons College with a Bachelor's of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics. Her mother is a nurse at Dana-Farber and inspired her to pursue a career in healthcare.