- 2 tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix the tomatoes, peppers, garlic, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a bowl. Let sit one hour to blend flavors.
Good on fish, chicken, or taco salad.
Nutrition per serving:
Per 1/4 cup serving:
Total fat: 0g
Recipe from Fresh Choices: More than 100 Easy Recipes for Pure Food When You Can't Buy 100% Organic by David Joachim and Rochelle Davis (Rodale Books, 2004)