- 2 1/2 cups cooked long-grain brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups 1 percent vanilla soymilk
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup fructose, natural cane sugar or liquid fruit sweetener
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated tangerine zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 vanilla bean, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8-10 individual cups or one 9"x13" baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients except vanilla bean in a large mixing bowl. If using the vanilla bean, split it lengthwise and scrape the seeds into the mixing bowl, using the edge of a sharp knife. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Pour mixture into prepared cups or pan and bake in preheated oven until just firm, about 1 hour.
The Taste for Living Cookbook, 1998 by Beth Ginsberg