- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup high fiber cereal (blenderized)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (or pumpkin pie filling)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with paper muffin cups.
- Mix together flour, cereal, baking powder and sugar. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine egg, canola oil, skim milk and pumpkin.
- Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Distribute batter evenly among twelve muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Serving size: 1 muffin