- 1 can each of pear halves, peach halves, pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup each of dried apricots, dried prunes, dried cherries or raisins
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Drain canned fruit (save syrup) and cut into bite size pieces. Save syrup and juices and mix them together. Layer canned and dried fruit in a 3-quart casserole or rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the fruit. Pour juice and syrup over fruit until just covered. Sprinkle nutmeg, cinnamon, and nuts if desired, over fruit.
- Bake uncovered about 45 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm or cool.
Ghosh, Kris. Betty Crocker's Living with Cancer Cookbook. 2002.