- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 8 cups water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/3 cup parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari or shoyu
- Rinse quinoa with warm water and drain through a fine strainer.
- Place quinoa in 3-quart pan and dry-roast on low heat (about 5-8 minutes).
- Stir grains constantly until they begin to change color and give off a nutty aroma.
- Bring water to boil in a large pot.
- Add salt and toasted quinoa to boiling water.
- Boil for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain quinoa through a large strainer (in the same way you would prepare pasta).
- Prepare dressing and place in a large bowl.
- Add carrots, seeds, and parsley.
- Add cooked quinoa and toss well.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
4 to 6 servings
Feeding the Whole Family by Cynthia Lair