- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped (white part only)
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 1/2 cups fat-free reduced- sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven.
- Add asparagus, onion, celery, leeks and potato, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and simmer for 20 minutes, until vegetables are softened.
- Transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth. You may need to do this in two stages.
- Return soup to Dutch oven, add sour cream and stir on low heat until blended.
About.com, Fiona Haynes, Low Fat Cooking Guide