- 1 onion, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1" pieces
- 8-10 small mushrooms, left whole or cut in half
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 head of broccoli, cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup chickpea (garbanzo) flour
- 2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Splash of Tabasco (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or cornstarch
If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling. Steam the cauliflower and broccoli for 10 minutes until just slightly softened. Mix together all of the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and add chopped vegetables. Stir to coat and let sit for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to evenly coat them.
Slide the vegetables onto the skewers, distributing them evenly. Grill over medium heat. If using the grill, make sure to grease the grate well so the vegetables don’t stick. Grill them for about 2-3 minutes per side (rotate them as if they have four sides). If using the broiler, place them on a well-greased cookie sheet and broil them for 2-3 minutes per side.
While the kabobs are grilling, pour the leftover marinade into a saucepan (remove any leftover vegetables first) and add 1 tablespoon arrowroot or cornstarch. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until it thickens to a thick gravy consistency. Pour into a serving dish and use as a dipping sauce for the vegetables.