- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup orange segments
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
For Cilantro-Lime Vinaigrette:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
Put all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette minus the cilantro into a blender. Puree until smooth. Stir in the cilantro, then taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Set aside or refrigerate until serving.
Toss greens, orange segments, diced avocado and slivered onion in a salad bowl.
Shake the vinaigrette before serving, add 1/2 cup to the bowl with salad ingredients, and mix well. Serve.
4 – 6 servings
Eating Well magazine