- 1 cup regular long grain rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 bananas
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free milk (if lactose intolerant, substitute Lactaid or soymilk)
- 2 tablespoons agave or honey
- Heat rice and water to boiling in a saucepan; reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender. Let stand about 10 minutes or until cool enough to eat.
- Completely mash bananas in a medium bowl. Stir in cooked rice, milk, and agave/honey. Serve immediately, cover and refrigerate remaining soup.
Ghosh, Kris. Betty Crocker's Living with Cancer Cookbook, 2002.