- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can pink salmon
- 2 teaspoons chopped, rinsed capers
- 2 teaspoons diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Drain salmon in fine-mesh strainer and remove any bones. Place the salmon in a small bowl and use a fork to break it up.
- Add the capers, onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper, olive oil, and dill. Mix well and taste. You may want to add additional salt, lemon or capers.
- Serve on a bed of salad greens with a side of crackers or warm bread. Try it as a filling for tomatoes or with scrambled eggs.
From One Bite at a Time by Rebecca Katz