Honey Soy Dressing
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil or corn oil
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper or chili powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 ounces of vermicelli, thin spaghetti, or angel hair pasta
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced and chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan in salted boiling water, according to directions on pasta package. Drain but do not rinse.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the dressing. In a microwave-safe dish, heat the vegetable oil, sesame oil, and red pepper, in the microwave on high heat for 2 minutes. Remove the dish from the microwave. Add the honey and soy sauce and mix well.
- Combine the drained pasta with the dressing in a large bowl until the pasta is well coated. Cover and chill for several hours.
- When ready to serve, mix in the cilantro, peanuts, green onions and bell pepper. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
4 to 8, depending on serving size.
Recipe adapted from Wild Thyme and Other Temptations from the Junior League of Tucson.