- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup BPA-free, low sodium, canned black beans
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (defrosted) corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 prepared whole-wheat pizza dough
- 1/3 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Rinse and drain beans. Combine tomato, beans and corn in a medium bowl.
- Stretch the dough into about a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle cornmeal on pizza pan then place the dough on the pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom.
- Spread barbeque sauce, tomato mixture and cheese on pizza. Return crust to oven and bake until the edges of the crust are crispy and the cheese has melted.
BU's Sargent Choice Nutrition Center