- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water or dry wine
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper or 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 14 ounces tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup orange sections, chopped
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice or noodles
- Mix soy and cornstarch; stir in 1/3 cup water or wine, honey, red pepper, and ginger root. Set aside.
- Press moisture from tofu with paper towels or towel. Cube tofu. Stir-fry tofu in hot oil for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove tofu.
- Stir-fry nuts and onions for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir soy mixture into nuts. Cook and stir until bubbly, about 2 minutes.
- Add tofu. Cover and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in oranges. Heat and serve over rice or noodles.
Nutrition per serving:
Calculations include 2/3 cup brown rice:
Fat (total): 28g
Saturated fat: 6.5g
Mono-unsaturated fat: 17g
Poly-unsaturated fat: 4.5g
One Bite at a Time by Rebecca Katz