- 1 loaf French Bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup ripe olives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 cup crumbled cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive or canola oil
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cut bread loaf horizontally in half. Place halves cut side up on a cooking sheet. Brush with butter. Top with tomatoes, olives, basil, and cheese.
- Mix garlic and oil. Drizzle oil mixture over cheese. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese just begins to brown. Cut and serve.
- Serve with a dark green salad topped with your favorite vegetables for an additional phytonutrient boost.
Ghosh, Kris. Betty Crocker's Living with Cancer Cookbook, 2002.