- 1 organic Haas avocado
- 1/8 cup arame soaked in 1 cup filtered water
- 4 cups organic salad greens or 1 head green leaf lettuce and 1 bunch spinach
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and roast the almonds on dry cookie sheet for 7 to 10 minutes or until aromatic. Coarsely chop them.
- Wash the salad greens in a large bowl of very cold water. Spin or pat dry.
- Drain the arame, and add to the greens.
- Cut the avocado into slices the long direction.
- Combine all dressing ingredients, using a whisk to beat them.
- Add the dressing to the greens and arame. Toss to combine.
- Gently fold in the avocado and garnish with the almonds.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Whole Foods Nutrition by Mary Bowman Shaw, Bastyr Faculty