- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup dry wheat berries
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup frozen and shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine water and wheat berries in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 55 minutes or until wheat berries are just tender.
Place cooked wheat berries in a fine mesh strainer and run under cold water to cool quickly, drain well.
Combine the wheat berries with the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
This salad can be served warm right away, or refrigerated and served cold.
6 (3/4 cup servings)
Adapted from www.pompeian.com