News tagged ‘OvarianCancer’ clear
- More than 250 female business and community leaders attended the fourth annual Susan F. Smith Center for Women's Cancers Executive Council, Beyond Boston Luncheon to benefit breast and ovarian cancer research. Speakers included Dr. Ann Partridge, Dr. Eric Winer, and WCVB reporter and cancer survivor, Kelley Tuthill.
Tags: BreastCancer, OvarianCancer, GynecologicCancers
- Dr. Alexi Wright reports on a new study suggesting that being overweight increases a woman's risk of ovarian cancer.
Tags: OvarianCancer, PatientEducation
- Dr. Ursula Matulonis, Medical Director of the Gynecologic Oncology Program at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Margaret Winchester, an ovarian cancer survivor and Dana-Farber patient, joined the FOX 25 Morning News during National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month to talk about ovarian cancer signs, symptoms, and treatments.
Tags: OvarianCancer, GynecologicCancers
- Dr. Joyce Liu led a first-of-its-kind clinical trial that shows promising activity in patients with ovarian cancer, with manageable toxic effects.
Tags: BasicResearch, OvarianCancer
- Dr. Joyce Liu led a study showing a combination of two new pills may nearly
double the length of survival for patients with recurrent ovarian cancer
- Dr. Andrea Richardson and colleagues have identified a genetic marker that may predict which aggressive "triple negative" breast cancers and certain ovarian cancers will likely respond to platinum-based chemotherapies.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genomics, OvarianCancer, GynecologicCancers
- Dr. Ursula Matulonis commented on a study that found women with BRCA-1 mutations can reduce their risk of breast and ovarian cancer if they get their ovaries removed by age 35.
Tags: BreastCancer, OvarianCancer, Genetics