What is Oral Chemotherapy? Educational Program
- Tue, May 31, 2016
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Eleanor and Maxwell Blum Patient and Family Resource Center, Yawkey 1
- Add to Calendar
What is Oral Chemotherapy?
¿Que es la quimoterapia por via oral? - un inteprete profesional en persona estara disponible
Led by Clare Sullivan, Manager of Patient Education, this session is for patients, families, and caregivers. The session will review oral chemotherapy, common side effects, precautions for home, and when to call your cancer team.
Participants are invited to bring their own lunch.
Participants are welcome in person or on the phone at (866)
763-0680, and use passcode 8530531. To register, please call (617) 632-5570.
- Calendar: Site Navigation, Calendar Types, Health and Wellness, Patient Education, Calendar
Mobile Music Open Studio
- Experience the new Mobile Music Studio, and explore how creativity through music is a therapeutic and enriching tool for stress and pain management. Using the technology of a fully functioning recording studio, patients can learn studio basics during our drop-in hours or schedule studio time to write and record your own music. No experience is necessary. This program is led by the Zakim Center's Expressive Therapies manager, Heather Woods, MT-BC. Contact the Leonard P. Zakim Center for Integrative Therapies for any questions: 617-632-3322 or email Zakim_Center@dfci.harvard.edu.
- Calendar: Health and Wellness, Calendar
Living Proof: Celebrating Survivorship
- Tue, Jun 14, 2016
- 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Lavine Family Dining Pavilion (Dana-Farber's Yawkey Center for Cancer Care, third floor)
- Add to Calendar
Please join us for Dana-Farber's Living Proof celebration, an annual event honoring the challenge and journey of cancer survivorship. This year's event will feature Dana-Farber Chief of Staff Emeritus Stephen E. Sallan, MD, a beloved physician and long-term cancer survivor. He will share his experiences as a physician and cancer survivor, and discuss the importance of survivorship care.
Snacks and refreshments will be provided at the event, and free parking will be available to registered attendees. Please register online if you'd like to attend, or call 800-883-6012. If you have questions, please email Survivorship_Programs@dfci.harvard.edu.
- Calendar: Site Navigation, Calendar Types, Health and Wellness, Calendar
Month to view:
Monday, May 30, 2016Thriving with Yoga - Londonderry
5:30 PM-6:30 PM
40 Buttrick Road, Londonderry
Event Type: Health and Wellness, Calendar
Presented in cooperation with YogaCaps, Inc. Open to those with a current or past cancer diagnosis. Beginners or people experienced in yoga are welcome. Caregivers may also attend.
Please call 603-674-3770 to register and for other days, times, and/or locations.Add to Calendar
Tuesday, May 31, 2016Dana-Farber's Mammography Van(27)
All Day Event
Bowdoin Street Health Center
Event Type: Community Outreach, Health and Wellness, Calendar
The Van provides digital screening mammography to the women of Greater Boston.
To learn more or schedule an appointment, please call us at 617.632.1974 or visit
www.dana-farber.org/mammographyvan.Add to Calendar