- Boston magazine has named 54 physicians and surgeons affiliated with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute to its annual Top Doctors guide.
- "We've definitely had more women coming in to discuss their family history and whether genetic testing is appropriate after they heard about Angelina Jolie" said Dr. Huma Rana, a geneticist at the Center for Cancer Genetics and Prevention at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Tags: BreastCancer, Prevention
- Lung cancer among younger, healthier, and non-smoking individuals "seems to be emerging as its own subtype of lung cancer — one for which new, powerful treatments are needed to make it a livable disease" said Dr. Geoffrey Oxnard, a lung cancer specialist at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Tags: LungCancer, Genetics
- Many aspiring runners have applied to run for the 2014 Boston Marathon's 138 official charities, including Dana-Farber, but not all have been able to secure a spot.
- Candace Lowe, administrative director of the Susan F. Smith Center for Women’s Cancers at Dana-Farber, says The Caps for Kids project luckily found it's way to the Institute.
Tags: Partnerships, PatientSupport, CopingWithCancer
- More than 250 women business and community leaders will gather for the fifth Susan. F. Smith Center for Women's Cancers Executive Council, Beyond Boston Luncheon. The luncheon will include a panel discussion led by Eric P. Winer.
Tags: BreastCancer, CervicalCancer, OvarianCancer, GynecologicCancers
Showing 1-10 of 328 items