- Dr. Alexi Wright led a study that found patients with terminal cancer who fight to the very end, taking debilitating chemotherapy treatments in the last months of life, often end up dying in intensive care.
Tags: chemotherapy, EndOfLife, CopingWithCancer
- Dr. David Nathan has been studying sickle cell disease for more than 50 years. He discusses the latest research and treatment for the disease.
- Dr. Lisa Diller comments on adults who suffer health consequences from their cancer treatment as children.
- Dana-Farber President Dr. Edward J. Benz, Jr., and Michael Goldberg, PhD, have been working on a financial innovation to fund cancer research through the securitization technique.
- Dr. Ursula Matulonis has received a $900,000 grant from the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation to test new combinations of targeted drugs against the disease.
- Dr. Ursula Matulonis commented on a study that found women with BRCA-1 mutations can reduce their risk of breast and ovarian cancer if they get their ovaries removed by age 35.
Tags: BreastCancer, OvarianCancer, Genetics
- Dr. Sarah Feldman comments on the often-confusing guidelines as to which women need routine Pap tests. Pap tests are used to check for cervical cancer.
- The Swiss drug giant Novartis AG has bought two-year-old CoStim Pharmaceuticals Inc., a venture-backed Cambridge biotech using research from scientists including Dr. Gordon Freeman.
Tags: BasicResearch, Immunotherapy
- Dr. Gordon Freeman says many new cancer therapies being tested by drug companies exist thanks to federally backed basic science conducted at U.S. universities.
- Checkpoint inhibitors seem to be providing uniquely long-term benefits for cancer patients. “The field is just afire now,” says immunologist Dr. Gordon Freeman.
Showing 1-10 of 358 items