- Research led by Dr. Ann Partridge shows young women with breast cancer who are of poorer financial status may experience delays in seeking medical care and advice for the disease.
Tags: BreastCancer, Disparities
- Scientists at Dana-Farber and the University of Colorado Cancer Center report on a gene fusion that spurs the cells to divide rapidly.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, LungCancer
- This year's Pan-Mass Challenge raised $39 million for Dana-Farber. The two-day event included more than 5,500 riders.
Tags: JimmyFund, PanMassChallenge
- Dr. Javid Moslehi said reports of cardiovascular problems linked to several newer drugs lacked the kind of details that doctors need to figure out whether side effects could be prevented.
- A patient being treated at Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center is the first to undergo a procedure designed to slow the progression of a genetic brain disorder.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer
- The makers of Smith Brothers Cough Drops have announced that the company will donate a portion of all sales throughout the World Series to the Jimmy Fund.
- Construction began on Dana-Farber's new Molecular Cancer Imaging Facility. The facility will help to better diagnose and characterize cancer, choose therapies and monitor treatments.
- Dana-Farber patient Jack Whelan was diagnosed with a rare and incurable blood cancer. His physician, Dr. Irene Ghobrial, said drug therapies are helping to delay the progression of the disease.
Tags: BasicResearch, CopingWithCancer
- Dr. Levi Garraway is studying cancer’s genetic features as part of a larger movement toward personalized or precision medicine, which aims to tailor disease prevention and treatment to an individual patient.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genetics
Showing 11-20 of 328 items