- Dr. Javid Moslehi said reports of cardiovascular problems linked to several newer drugs lacked the kind of details that doctors need to figure out whether side effects could be prevented.
- A patient being treated at Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center is the first to undergo a procedure designed to slow the progression of a genetic brain disorder.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer
- The makers of Smith Brothers Cough Drops have announced that the company will donate a portion of all sales throughout the World Series to the Jimmy Fund.
- Construction began on Dana-Farber's new Molecular Cancer Imaging Facility. The facility will help to better diagnose and characterize cancer, choose therapies and monitor treatments.
- Dana-Farber patient Jack Whelan was diagnosed with a rare and incurable blood cancer. His physician, Dr. Irene Ghobrial, said drug therapies are helping to delay the progression of the disease.
Tags: BasicResearch, CopingWithCancer
- Dr. Levi Garraway is studying cancer’s genetic features as part of a larger movement toward personalized or precision medicine, which aims to tailor disease prevention and treatment to an individual patient.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genetics
- Dr. Mehra Golshan said Angelina Jolie's decision to get a double mastectomy might help save lives by raising awareness about the need for genetic testing.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genetics
- Dr. Bruce Spiegelman and his research team may have finally found a molecular link between a workout and a healthy brain.
Tags: BasicResearch, Exercise
Showing 11-20 of 325 items