News tagged ‘Honors’ clear
- President Barack Obama intends to appoint Dr. Judy Garber to the National Cancer Advisory Board.
- The Atlantic recognized Dr. Jay Bradner as a "Brave Thinker" for providing open-source access to a molecule he discovered. Dr. Bradner's goal is to expedite the potential development of cancer therapeutics based on the molecule.
Tags: BasicResearch, Honors
- Dana-Farber named the Boston Athletic Association as the 2012 recipient of the Sidney Farber Medical Research Award in recognition of its longstanding support of Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund.
Tags: Honors, JimmyFund
- Magnolia Contreras is recognized for her work in Boston neighborhoods to raise awareness about cancer, the availability of cancer care services, and the importance of cancer screenings and prevention. (Full article requires a subscription)
Tags: Honors, Prevention
- Fifteen Dana-Farber nurses were nominated by patients for inclusion in the Boston Globe's Salute to Nurses section, including Judy Dynan, RN, Kerri Beliveau, RN, Debra LaFrank, RN, Annette Werger, RN.
- Drs. Harold Burstein, Loren Walensky and Mehra Golshan, Dana-Farber faculty members who are married to physicians, were featured in a profile on married couples who are both physicians or scientists.
Showing 11-16 of 16 items