News tagged ‘BasicResearch’ clear
- Dr. Barrett Rollins is one of several Dana-Farber doctors commenting on a survey showing major cancer institutes accepting more industry dollars for research.
- Dr. David Nathan has been studying sickle cell disease for more than 50 years. He discusses the latest research and treatment for the disease.
- Dana-Farber President Dr. Edward J. Benz, Jr., and Michael Goldberg, PhD, have been working on a financial innovation to fund cancer research through the securitization technique.
- The Swiss drug giant Novartis AG has bought two-year-old CoStim Pharmaceuticals Inc., a venture-backed Cambridge biotech using research from scientists including Dr. Gordon Freeman.
Tags: BasicResearch, Immunotherapy
- Dr. Gordon Freeman says many new cancer therapies being tested by drug companies exist thanks to federally backed basic science conducted at U.S. universities.
- Checkpoint inhibitors seem to be providing uniquely long-term benefits for cancer patients. “The field is just afire now,” says immunologist Dr. Gordon Freeman.
- A study by Dr. Gregory Abel showed the overall survival rates were the same in MDS patients age 60 to 65 years who received stem cell transplants compared to patients older than 66 years.
Tags: BasicResearch, StemCellTransplant
- Scientists at Dana-Farber and the University of Colorado Cancer Center report on a gene fusion that spurs the cells to divide rapidly.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, LungCancer
- A patient being treated at Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center is the first to undergo a procedure designed to slow the progression of a genetic brain disorder.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer
Showing 11-20 of 103 items