- To commemorate the date of his final chemotherapy treatment, Natick High School vice principal Zach Galvin celebrated his self-proclaimed “Yahoo Day” by donating iTunes gift cards to the Jimmy Fund Clinic.
- Dr. Joseph Antin says it is important for people who have enrolled in a bone marrow donor registry to regularly update the registry whenever their contact information has changed.
- A study led by Dr. Julia Hayes shows watching and routinely examining men with early, slow-growing prostate cancer is more effective and cheaper than sending them to surgery or radiation right away.
Tags: BasicResearch, ProstateCancer
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is going to Cuba to have surgery on a second lesion in his pelvis. There are few details about Chavez's diagnosis, but comments made by Chavez and Venezuelan officials suggest he may have rectal or bladder cancer, or possibly soft tissue sarcoma. Dr. Charles Fuchs said rectal cancer is more prone to local recurrence than colon cancer because the pelvis is such a crowded area that it is difficult for surgeons to get clean margins.
- Actress Valerie Harper, diagnosed with brain cancer, has joined the latest cast of ABC's Dancing with the Stars. Dr. Karen Fasciano says end-stage cancer patients living life to the fullest has been a growing trend that's been a part of the hospice movement.
Tags: EndOfLife, PatientSupport, BrainTumors, CopingWithCancer
- Dr. John Quackenbush discusses the collaboration of GenoSpace and the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation to advance cancer research and development. GenoSpace provides tools for genomics research.
Tags: Genomics, MultipleMyeloma
- A study led by Dr. Shoshana Rosenberg shows young women with cancer in one breast tend to overestimate their risk for getting cancer in the opposite, healthy breast -- sometimes driving them to have that breast removed.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer
- Kathryn Giusti, CEO and co-founder of the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, discusses her work with the organization and her successful stem cell transplant performed at Dana-Farber.
Tags: MultipleMyeloma, StemCellTransplant
- President Barack Obama intends to appoint Dr. Judy Garber to the National Cancer Advisory Board.
Showing 11-20 of 325 items