- Summer's almost here and that means grilling season too. But with all of that deliciousness comes a safety warning: Grilling meat on unready charcoal may increase the risk of contaminating it with cancer-causing chemicals.
Tags: Nutrition, Prevention
- The Hope for Calle foundation supports research for diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma, or DIPG, at Dana-Farber. The clinical trial is led by Dr. Mark Kieran. Dr. Kieran said DIPG is rare and affects about 200 children a year.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, BrainTumors
- Dana-Farber is included in a list of hospitals that offer special touches for patients. Dana-Farber offers iPads to patients to use while they are receiving treatment.
Tags: Appointments, PatientSupport
- A government panel recommended heavy smokers over 55 have a CT scan to check for lung cancer. Dr. Christopher Lathan says this is a tremendous opportunity to really change the tide in lung cancer treatment.
Tags: BasicResearch, LungCancer
- Adolescents and young adults account for more than 77,000 new cancers every year. Dana-Farber has a program specifically designed to address the needs of cancer patients ages 19-39. Karen Fasciano, PsyD, says it is important to be aware of issues, such as fertility and emotional needs, that are unique to young adult patients.
Showing 11-20 of 607 items