News tagged ‘BasicResearch’ clear
- A trial led by Mark Kieran, MD, director of pediatric neuro-oncology at Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center found that the drug lonafarnib resulted in weight gain and improved cardiovascular health in children with progeria, a fatal disease causing premature aging. This is an important first step in identifying potential therapies for a disease for which there has been no treatments, Dr. Kieran said.
- A study co-authored by Dr. Shuji Ogino shows getting a regular colonoscopy was linked to a 68 percent reduction in risk for colon cancer.
Tags: BasicResearch, ColonCancer
- Dr. David Nathan has been studying sickle cell disease for more than 50 years. He discusses the latest research and treatment for the disease.
- Researchers at Dana-Farber have developed a brief questionnaire that can help identify cancer survivors most in need of psychological help.
Tags: BasicResearch, Survivorship
- Dr. Bruce Spiegelman was a key speaker at the Frontiers in Diabetes Research in Toronto. He talked about the topic of converting white fat to brown fat, which burns more calories, to create heat.
- In an editorial, Dr. Jeffrey Meyerhardt talks about the relationship between red meat and cancer outcomes in the Journal of Clinical Oncology.
Tags: BasicResearch, ColonCancer, Nutrition
- Scientists at Dana-Farber and the University of Colorado Cancer Center report on a gene fusion that spurs the cells to divide rapidly.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, LungCancer
- Dr. Ann Partridge talks about her research that shows a growing number of young breast cancer patients choose to have major preventive surgery on the off chance it will ward off future cancers and extend their lives.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer
Showing 11-20 of 94 items