News tagged ‘BasicResearch’ clear
- A study being led by Dr. Rachelle Bernacki could one day help create a guide for doctors to talk to patients about end-of-life planning.
Tags: BasicResearch, EndOfLife
- Glenn Dranoff, MD, was named to Stand Up to Cancer's latest research "dream team," which will focus on cancer immunology. Dana-Farber researchers will receive $1.5 million over three years to help support the study of tissue and blood samples from patients who are receiving specific experimental treatments.
Tags: BasicResearch, Grants
- Dana-Farber has been named one of six research centers that will share a $16 million grant from the Edward P. Evans Foundation to study Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS), a group of diseases that affect the bone marrow and blood.
- Dr. George Demetri comments on a new blood test that reveals more of the gene mutations that sustain certain digestive-tract tumors than a DNA analysis of a traditional tumor biopsy.
- Two studies have shed new light on brown fat. In one study, Dr. Bruce Spiegelman reported that his team discovered a hormone, irisin, that is released during exercise and helps turn white fat cells into brown fat cells.
Tags: BasicResearch, PatientEducation
- New research, led by Dr. Jeffrey Meyerhardt, suggests that late-stage colon cancer patients face a higher risk of cancer recurrence or death if they consume a diet rich in carbohydrates.
Tags: BasicResearch, ColonCancer, Nutrition
- The Atlantic recognized Dr. Jay Bradner as a "Brave Thinker" for providing open-source access to a molecule he discovered. Dr. Bradner's goal is to expedite the potential development of cancer therapeutics based on the molecule.
Tags: BasicResearch, Honors
- Dr. Wayne A. Marasco is researching ways to create a universal flu vaccine that could fight a variety of flu strains. The goal is for the vaccine to work for multiple years and eliminate the need for annual shots.
Tags: BasicResearch, Influenza
Showing 11-20 of 32 items