- In a recent national study led by Dr. Jane Weeks, 69 percent of those with stage 4 lung cancer and 81 percent of those with stage 4 colon cancer failed to understand that chemotherapy was not at all likely to cure their cancer.
Tags: chemotherapy, EndOfLife
- Dr. Eric Winer comments on the efficacy of gene tests for breast cancer patients.
- Dr. Erica Mayer, a medical oncologist at the Susan F. Smith Center for Women's Cancers at Dana-Farber, explained the concerns over soy consumption and its relationship to breast cancer.
- Dr. Pasi A. Jänne commented about the rise in women in the United States being diagnosed with lung cancer who never smoked cigarettes.
- Nine factors explain some of the variance in the quality of life of patients with advanced cancer in end-of-life care, according to a study led by Dr. Holly Prigerson and associates at Dana-Farber and published in the Archives of Internal Medicine.
- Dr. Paul Richardson, clinical director for Dana-Farber's Jerome Lipper Center for Multiple Myeloma, shared the latest prognosis on treating and surviving this disease.
- Dr. Harold Burstein provided insight to dispel some of the myths about what causes breast cancer.
- LIVESTRONG at the West Roxbury Y is an adult cancer survivor program focusing on improving participants' physical health through exercise. Participants are involved in a research project conducted by Dana-Farber and the Yale School of Public Health to gauge the overall effects of the LIVESTRONG program on cancer survivors.
Tags: Exercise, Survivorship
Showing 21-30 of 654 items