- Dr. Lisa Diller comments on her study showing that women who had cancer in childhood have good odds of eventually conceiving, even if they'd tried unsuccessfully for a year to get pregnant.
Tags: BasicResearch, ChildhoodCancer
- A study by Dr. Gregory Abel showed the overall survival rates were the same in MDS patients age 60 to 65 years who received stem cell transplants compared to patients older than 66 years.
Tags: BasicResearch, StemCellTransplant
- According to Dr. Ann Partridge, new findings suggest that as breast cancer continues to be better characterized molecularly, and therapies such as trastuzumab are developed, the importance of age with regard to prognosis will diminish.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer
- This year’s WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund Radio-Telethon raised over $3.3 million for patient care and cancer research at Dana-Farber. The two-day event featured personal stories of patients, clinical staff and researchers.
Tags: JimmyFund, Partnerships, RadioTelethon, Development
- Dr. Ilana M. Braun comments on a new analysis that finds within two years of a cancer diagnosis, depression in patients and their spouses tends to drop back to roughly the same levels as in the general population, but is replaced by anxiety.
Tags: BasicResearch, CopingWithCancer
- Dr. Richard Stone joined 22 other specialists in sending a letter calling on the FDA to speed up the process allowing patients to use the leukemia drug Iclusig.
- More than 30,000 people in Massachusetts work directly in biomedical research largely due to grants from the National Institutes of Health. Dr. Chuck Stiles is concerned for the future generation of researchers.
Showing 21-30 of 437 items