News tagged ‘BreastCancer’ clear
- A New England Journal of Medicine study found breast cancer patients treated with radiation face an increased risk of heart disease. Dr. Eric Winer said radiation therapy is safe, and patients should not avoid the potentially lifesaving treatment.
Tags: BreastCancer, Radiation
- Dr. Eric Winer talks about a new breast cancer vaccine that is showing promising signs of success in the early stages of a clinical trial.
- Although some breast cancer activists are losing patience that a cure has not been found, Dr. Ann Partridge says there have been many advances in breast cancer research and care, including the identification of several breast cancer subtypes, which require treatments to be tailor to each patient.
- Dr. Ann Partridge talks about her research that shows a growing number of young breast cancer patients choose to have major preventive surgery on the off chance it will ward off future cancers and extend their lives.
Tags: BasicResearch, BreastCancer
- Dr. Ian Krop presented results of a study on women with estrogen-receptor-positive cancer at the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
- Research led by Dr. Ann Partridge shows young women with breast cancer who are of poorer financial status may experience delays in seeking medical care and advice for the disease.
Tags: BreastCancer, Disparities
- Dr. J. Dirk Iglehart comments that he now performs about a 10th of the number of mastectomies as when he entered the field in the 1970s.
Tags: BreastCancer, Surgery
Showing 21-30 of 86 items