News tagged ‘ColonCancer’ clear
- Dr. Robert Mayer was part of a tweet chat hosted by ABC News’ chief medical correspondent Dr. Richard Besser to raise awareness about the prevention and treatment of colorectal cancer.
Tags: ColonCancer, Prevention
- A study by Dr. Jeffrey Meyerhardt and colleagues analyzed food intake among colon cancer patients. Results published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute show recurrence or progression of colon cancer is affected by daily dietary choices.
- New findings show colon cancer patients who spend more time walking and fewer hours on the couch are less likely to die over the seven to eight years after being diagnosed. Dr. Jeffrey Meyerhardt comments on the study.
Tags: ColonCancer, Exercise
- New research, led by Dr. Jeffrey Meyerhardt, suggests that late-stage colon cancer patients face a higher risk of cancer recurrence or death if they consume a diet rich in carbohydrates.
Tags: BasicResearch, ColonCancer, Nutrition
- As reported in the New England Journal of Medicine, Oct. 25, Dana-Farber scientists found that aspirin therapy can extend the life of colorectal cancer patients whose tumors carry a mutation in a key gene, but it has no effect on patients who lack the mutation. Dr. Shuji Ogino says this is by far the best marker we’ve found for prediction of response to aspirin.
Tags: ColonCancer, Genetics
- Dr. Pasi Jänne and colleagues found that more than half of lung and colon cancer patients may benefit from high-speed tests that detect DNA flaws doctors can target with existing medicines.
Tags: ColonCancer, Genomics, LungCancer