News tagged ‘StemCellTransplant’ clear
- A study by Dr. Leslie Lehmann shows nearly two-thirds of children receiving stem cell transplants returned to the hospital within six months due to infections and unexplained fevers. Dr. Lehmann says this information will assist in counseling families appropriately and devising interventions.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, StemCellTransplant
- Tim Gilligan recently donated stem cells at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center after hearing that "Good Morning America" host Robin Roberts needed a stem cell transplant. Transplant Donor Services manager Cindy Albert explained that the donation process is easy and fairly painless.
- Dana-Farber patient Gregg Primo and Dr. Richard Stone were featured in a story about a blood disease known as MDS. Like "Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts, Primo developed MDS after cancer treatment.
- "Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts announced her last bone marrow test showed no signs of Myelodysplastic Syndrome. She plans to return to work in February. Dr. Robert Soiffer, who did not treat Roberts, said there is no one particular timetable for returning to work.
- Dr. David Steensma offers an assessment of the myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) related research presented at the 2012 American Society of Hematology meeting.