News tagged ‘JimmyFund’ clear
- The Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk, held on Sept. 9, raised more than $7.5 million to benefit patient care and cancer research at Dana-Farber. (Full article requires a subscription)
- Jimmy Fund Clinic patient Avalanna Routh, 6, of Merrimac, Mass., passed away on Sept. 26. Avalanna, who was known internationally for her love of Justin Bieber, generously shared her story locally and nationally, raising awareness worldwide about atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumors (AT/RT) and the need for greater research of this rare cancer.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, JimmyFund, BrainTumors
- The Greatest Show on Earth and its elephants joined with young patients from the Jimmy Fund and their families in Fenway Park to make one-of-a-kind works of art in a therapeutic painting session. The artwork will be displayed on the Jimmy Fund Clinic walls.
- Dana-Farber named the Boston Athletic Association as the 2012 recipient of the Sidney Farber Medical Research Award in recognition of its longstanding support of Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund.
Tags: Honors, JimmyFund
- The Boston Red Sox and the Jimmy Fund kicked-off a season-long celebration of their 60th anniversary. A news conference in the Yawkey Center for Cancer Care included members of the Red Sox team and staff, and Dana-Farber staff, patients, and families.
Tags: BostonRedSox, JimmyFund
- The Springfield, Mass., area is expecting an estimated 20,000 spectators for the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference basketball tournament. Part of the proceeds from the ticket sales are going to the Jimmy Fund.
- The Jimmy Fund has launched a new contest which lets the public submit ideas for a fundraiser.
- To commemorate the date of his final chemotherapy treatment, Natick High School vice principal Zach Galvin celebrated his self-proclaimed “Yahoo Day” by donating iTunes gift cards to the Jimmy Fund Clinic.