News tagged ‘Genetics’ clear
- Dr. Levi Garraway is studying cancer’s genetic features as part of a larger movement toward personalized or precision medicine, which aims to tailor disease prevention and treatment to an individual patient.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genetics
- Dr. Mehra Golshan said Angelina Jolie's decision to get a double mastectomy might help save lives by raising awareness about the need for genetic testing.
Tags: BreastCancer, Genetics
- Dr. James Bradner talks about a study he led showing a new way to use JQ1, the molecule that his lab created,to repair damaged hearts after overwhelming stress.
Tags: BasicResearch, Genomics, Genetics
- MolecularMD has obtained patent rights to technology—jointly owned by researchers at Dana-Farber and the Broad Institute. MolecularMD said it is developing diagnostic assays for use in clinical trials exploring the efficacy of targeted therapies.
Tags: BasicResearch, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- Dr. Richard Stone discusses how mutations in a gene involved in the production of white blood cells may improve the diagnosis — and perhaps treatment — of two rare blood cancers.
Tags: Genetics, Leukemia
- Three pharmaceutical companies are poised to test whether new drugs can work against a wide range of cancers, including those that are rare, such as liposarcoma, a cancer of the fat cells. According to Dr. Andrew J. Wagner, liposarcoma tumors can be very large and often start at the back of a patient's belly, where they can go unnoticed.
Tags: chemotherapy, Genetics