News tagged ‘OvarianCancer’ clear
- Dr. Joyce Liu commented on the Oncologic Drugs Advisory Committee vote to delay approval of the PARP inhibitor olaparib.
- Dr. Joyce Liu led a study showing a combination of two new pills may nearly
double the length of survival for patients with recurrent ovarian cancer
- Dr. Alexi Wright reports on a new study suggesting that being overweight increases a woman's risk of ovarian cancer.
Tags: OvarianCancer, PatientEducation
- Dr. Ursula Matulonis has received a $900,000 grant from the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation to test new combinations of targeted drugs against the disease.
- Dr. Ursula Matulonis commented on a study that found women with BRCA-1 mutations can reduce their risk of breast and ovarian cancer if they get their ovaries removed by age 35.
Tags: BreastCancer, OvarianCancer, Genetics
- More than 250 women business and community leaders will gather for the fifth Susan. F. Smith Center for Women's Cancers Executive Council, Beyond Boston Luncheon. The luncheon will include a panel discussion led by Eric P. Winer.
Tags: BreastCancer, CervicalCancer, OvarianCancer, GynecologicCancers
- Dr. Joyce Liu led a first-of-its-kind clinical trial that shows promising activity in patients with ovarian cancer, with manageable toxic effects.
Tags: BasicResearch, OvarianCancer