News tagged ‘TargetedTherapy’ clear
- Dr. Ken Anderson discusses new targeted medicines for the treatment of myeloma. Dr. Anderson is leading an international study to determine whether these new drugs could mean risky transplants aren't needed any more.
Tags: MultipleMyeloma, TargetedTherapy
- Dana-Farber researchers, including Dr. Rameen Beroukhim, have identified DNA mutations that appear to drive about 15 percent of meningiomas, a finding that could lead to the first effective drug treatments for these brain tumors.
Tags: TargetedTherapy, BrainTumors
- Dr. Bruce E. Johnson said researchers at Foundation Medicine in Cambridge, Mass., have been routinely testing for certain "alterations" in cancer cells to help target treatments and new technologies.
Tags: Genomics, TargetedTherapy
- Dr. Pasi A. Jänne discusses a new study that demonstrates that chemotherapy and a new, targeted therapy work better in combination than chemotherapy alone in treating patients with the most common genetic subtype of lung cancer.
Tags: LungCancer, TargetedTherapy, Genetics
- A new analysis led by Dr. Toni Choueiri suggests that treatment with three targeted cancer drugs may be linked to a slightly increased risk of death, a finding that physicians should consider when developing treatment plans for their patients.
- Dr. Barrett Rollins explained how Dana-Farber will use a $10 million grant from Massachusetts Life Sciences Center to support cancer imaging research to further the development of targeted cancer therapies.
Tags: Grants, TargetedTherapy