News tagged ‘CopingWithCancer’ clear
- Actress Valerie Harper, diagnosed with brain cancer, has joined the latest cast of ABC's Dancing with the Stars. Dr. Karen Fasciano says end-stage cancer patients living life to the fullest has been a growing trend that's been a part of the hospice movement.
Tags: EndOfLife, PatientSupport, BrainTumors, CopingWithCancer
- A study led by Dr. Paul Nguyen shows cancer patients who are married when they are diagnosed with the disease have a better chance of living longer.
Tags: BasicResearch, CopingWithCancer
- Dr. Bruce E. Johnson said due to the government shutdown, new clinical trials cannot be opened, but Dana-Farber will explore all available conventional and investigational treatment options for patients.
Tags: PatientSupport, CopingWithCancer
- Cancer survivors face many long-term effects of treatment, but the adverse effects on sexual health are often ignored, said Dr. Sharon Bober of Dana-Farber’s Sexual Health Program. The program is one of the first of its kind to be based in a cancer center and helps cancer survivors address sexual issues.
Tags: PatientSupport, Survivorship, CopingWithCancer
- Eleven-year-old Morgan Derby collected 500 pounds of candy to benefit Dana-Farber cancer patients. Morgan created the "Candy For Kids With Cancer" campaign three years ago when she learned she had Type 1 Diabetes and could no longer eat Halloween candy.