News tagged ‘CopingWithCancer’ clear
- Actress Valerie Harper, diagnosed with brain cancer, has joined the latest cast of ABC's Dancing with the Stars. Dr. Karen Fasciano says end-stage cancer patients living life to the fullest has been a growing trend that's been a part of the hospice movement.
Tags: EndOfLife, PatientSupport, BrainTumors, CopingWithCancer
- Dr. Alexi Wright led a study that found patients with terminal cancer who fight to the very end, taking debilitating chemotherapy treatments in the last months of life, often end up dying in intensive care.
Tags: chemotherapy, EndOfLife, CopingWithCancer
- A study led by Dr. Paul Nguyen shows cancer patients who are married when they are diagnosed with the disease have a better chance of living longer.
Tags: BasicResearch, CopingWithCancer
- Dr. Bruce E. Johnson said due to the government shutdown, new clinical trials cannot be opened, but Dana-Farber will explore all available conventional and investigational treatment options for patients.
Tags: PatientSupport, CopingWithCancer
- Now that chronically ill children are living longer than ever, how should we care for them? Members of the Pediatric Advanced Care Team of Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Boston Children’s Hospital are helping patients like 11-year-old Gwen Lorimier. (Full article requires a subscription)
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, CopingWithCancer
- Cancer survivors face many long-term effects of treatment, but the adverse effects on sexual health are often ignored, said Dr. Sharon Bober of Dana-Farber’s Sexual Health Program. The program is one of the first of its kind to be based in a cancer center and helps cancer survivors address sexual issues.
Tags: PatientSupport, Survivorship, CopingWithCancer