News tagged ‘MultipleMyeloma’ clear
- Dr. Paul Richardson, clinical director for Dana-Farber's Jerome Lipper Center for Multiple Myeloma, shared the latest prognosis on treating and surviving this disease.
- Dr. John Quackenbush discusses the collaboration of GenoSpace and the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation to advance cancer research and development. GenoSpace provides tools for genomics research.
Tags: Genomics, MultipleMyeloma
- Kathryn Giusti, CEO and co-founder of the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, discusses her work with the organization and her successful stem cell transplant performed at Dana-Farber.
Tags: MultipleMyeloma, StemCellTransplant
- Dr. Ken Anderson discusses new targeted medicines for the treatment of myeloma. Dr. Anderson is leading an international study to determine whether these new drugs could mean risky transplants aren't needed any more.
Tags: MultipleMyeloma, TargetedTherapy
- A new study conducted by scientists from Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Karolinska Institutet in Sweden, presents very promising results for the treatment of multiple myeloma.
Tags: chemotherapy, MultipleMyeloma
- Kathy Giusti, a Dana-Farber patient and founder of the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, and Dr. John Quakenbush comment on Boston's prominence in the world of biotech research.
- Co-sponsored by hospital and academic centers, including Dana-Farber, multiple myeloma research advocates will begin providing open Internet access to genetic and research data on hundreds of patients.
Tags: BasicResearch, MultipleMyeloma
- According to Dr. Joseph Antin, it is even more difficult for mixed-race individuals, African-Americans and some subsets of Asian-Americans, particularly South Asians, to find a bone marrow match.
Tags: MultipleMyeloma, Leukemia