News tagged ‘PatientSupport’ clear
Dr. Edward J. Benz, Jr., was part of a panel discussion that followed the preview screening of the film, “Cancer: The Emperor of All Maladies,” which features Dr. Stephen Sallan and Dr. David Nathan, as well as segments focused on Dr. Sidney Farber and the Jimmy Fund.
Tags: PatientEducation, PatientSupport
- Dana-Farber is included in a list of hospitals that offer special touches for patients. Dana-Farber offers iPads to patients to use while they are receiving treatment.
Tags: Appointments, PatientSupport
- Dana-Farber's decision to incorporate patients' input into the development of the Yawkey Center for Cancer Care has resulted in a facility that has won critical acclaim for its design, and led to improvements in patient throughput and overall safety.
Tags: PatientSupport, YawkeyCenter
- Dr. Edward J. Benz, Jr., commented on Dana-Farber’s policy not to involve physicians in a patient’s decision to become a financial donor.
Tags: PatientSupport, Development
Ludmila Svoboda, RN, was interviewed about her role as the program nurse in the Cancer Care Equity Program, which provides services for patients to help reduce disparities in cancer care.
Tags: PatientSupport, Disparities, CopingWithCancer
- Candace Lowe, administrative director of the Susan F. Smith Center for Women’s Cancers at Dana-Farber, says The Caps for Kids project luckily found it's way to the Institute.
Tags: Partnerships, PatientSupport, CopingWithCancer
- WBZ-TV profiled the Young Adult Program at Dana-Farber. Program director Karen Fasciano says they help patients aged 18-39 with the unique circumstances they face living with cancer.
Tags: PatientSupport, Survivorship
Dana-Farber was recognized as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the country's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender civil rights organization.
Tags: Honors, PatientSupport, YawkeyCenter