News tagged ‘StemCellTransplant’ clear
- Dr. Joseph Antin says it is important for people who have enrolled in a bone marrow donor registry to regularly update the registry whenever their contact information has changed.
- Kathryn Giusti, CEO and co-founder of the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, discusses her work with the organization and her successful stem cell transplant performed at Dana-Farber.
Tags: MultipleMyeloma, StemCellTransplant
- "Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts announced her last bone marrow test showed no signs of Myelodysplastic Syndrome. She plans to return to work in February. Dr. Robert Soiffer, who did not treat Roberts, said there is no one particular timetable for returning to work.
- Dana-Farber patient Gregg Primo and Dr. Richard Stone were featured in a story about a blood disease known as MDS. Like "Good Morning America" anchor Robin Roberts, Primo developed MDS after cancer treatment.
- Dr. David Steensma offers an assessment of the myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) related research presented at the 2012 American Society of Hematology meeting.
- A study by Dr. Leslie Lehmann shows nearly two-thirds of children receiving stem cell transplants returned to the hospital within six months due to infections and unexplained fevers. Dr. Lehmann says this information will assist in counseling families appropriately and devising interventions.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, StemCellTransplant