News tagged ‘Survivorship’ clear
- LIVESTRONG at the West Roxbury Y is an adult cancer survivor program focusing on improving participants' physical health through exercise. Participants are involved in a research project conducted by Dana-Farber and the Yale School of Public Health to gauge the overall effects of the LIVESTRONG program on cancer survivors.
Tags: Exercise, Survivorship
- In a family targeted by disease for four generations, members speak out about choosing to have preventative surgeries to avoid cancer.
- Researchers at Dana-Farber have developed a brief questionnaire that can help identify cancer survivors most in need of psychological help.
Tags: BasicResearch, Survivorship
- Cancer survivors face many long-term effects of treatment, but the adverse effects on sexual health are often ignored, said Dr. Sharon Bober of Dana-Farber’s Sexual Health Program. The program is one of the first of its kind to be based in a cancer center and helps cancer survivors address sexual issues.
Tags: PatientSupport, Survivorship, CopingWithCancer
- Dr. Lawrence Shulman writes that the controversy surrounding Lance Armstrong and his cycling career should not diminish the importance and impact of Armstrong's advocacy on behalf of cancer patients and cancer survivors worldwide.
Tags: PatientEducation, PatientSupport, Survivorship
- The treatment for some cancers can put a cancer patient at risk years later for secondary cancers and related disorders, including myelodysplastic syndrome, says Dr. David Steensma.
- WBZ-TV profiled the Young Adult Program at Dana-Farber. Program director Karen Fasciano says they help patients aged 18-39 with the unique circumstances they face living with cancer.
Tags: PatientSupport, Survivorship