News tagged ‘Honors’ clear
- Dana-Farber named the Boston Athletic Association as the 2012 recipient of the Sidney Farber Medical Research Award in recognition of its longstanding support of Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund.
Tags: Honors, JimmyFund
- Drs. Harold Burstein, Loren Walensky and Mehra Golshan, Dana-Farber faculty members who are married to physicians, were featured in a profile on married couples who are both physicians or scientists.
- Nuclear Biotechnologies established the Paul M. Dowd Chair of Molecular Oncologic Pathology at Dana-Farber in honor of Paul Dowd, a longtime civic leader in Western Massachusetts and a driving force behind the founding of the Berkshire County Jimmy Fund Council.
- Dana-Farber was named one of the “Best Cancer Hospitals in the U.S.” by Men's Health Magazine.
- Magnolia Contreras is recognized for her work in Boston neighborhoods to raise awareness about cancer, the availability of cancer care services, and the importance of cancer screenings and prevention. (Full article requires a subscription)
Tags: Honors, Prevention
- Dr. Matthew Davids has been selected as a recipient of The Eleanor and Miles Shore 50th Anniversary Fellowship Program for Scholars in Medicine award, created by Harvard Medical School to support the projects of junior faculty members.
Tags: Honors, Leukemia
- The Atlantic recognized Dr. Jay Bradner as a "Brave Thinker" for providing open-source access to a molecule he discovered. Dr. Bradner's goal is to expedite the potential development of cancer therapeutics based on the molecule.
Tags: BasicResearch, Honors
- President Barack Obama intends to appoint Dr. Judy Garber to the National Cancer Advisory Board.