News tagged ‘JimmyFund’ clear
- Thanks to the partnership between the Red Sox and the Jimmy Fund, Dana-Farber patient and avid Sox fan Tim Burke has been able to throw out the first pitch and attend numerous games at Fenway.
Tags: BostonRedSox, JimmyFund
Uzo Aduba, most well-known for playing Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren on the Netflix show, “Orange Is The New Black,” will run in the 2015 Boston Marathon as part of the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge team.
Tags: Exercise, JimmyFund, Development
- This year’s WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund Radio-Telethon raised over $3.3 million for patient care and cancer research at Dana-Farber. The two-day event featured personal stories of patients, clinical staff and researchers.
Tags: JimmyFund, Partnerships, RadioTelethon, Development
- Dana-Farber named the Boston Athletic Association as the 2012 recipient of the Sidney Farber Medical Research Award in recognition of its longstanding support of Dana-Farber and the Jimmy Fund.
Tags: Honors, JimmyFund
- Jimmy Fund Clinic patient Avalanna Routh, 6, of Merrimac, Mass., passed away on Sept. 26. Avalanna, who was known internationally for her love of Justin Bieber, generously shared her story locally and nationally, raising awareness worldwide about atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumors (AT/RT) and the need for greater research of this rare cancer.
Tags: ChildhoodCancer, JimmyFund, BrainTumors
- Two-time cancer survivor and Pan-Mass Challenge rider Dan Haley talks about his experiences as a Dana-Farber patient and PMC fundraiser.
Tags: JimmyFund, PanMassChallenge
- The Greatest Show on Earth and its elephants joined with young patients from the Jimmy Fund and their families in Fenway Park to make one-of-a-kind works of art in a therapeutic painting session. The artwork will be displayed on the Jimmy Fund Clinic walls.
- Jimmy Fund patient Karina Moreira got a surprise visit at her Malden home from supermodel Gisele Bundchen. The ninth grader has been battling bone cancer since she was 12.
- Massachusetts offers car owners the chance to own one of several specialty license plates, including one featuring the Jimmy Fund/Boston Red Sox. Money raised from the plate is divided equally between the Red Sox Foundation and the Jimmy Fund.
Tags: BostonRedSox, JimmyFund, Development