News tagged ‘Survivorship’ clear
- Dr. Ann Partridge discusses new efforts for improved survivorship care. Catherine Fitch, a former Dana-Farber patient, provides insight into the challenges she has faced in the 36 years since surviving Hodgkin's lymphoma.
Tags: Survivorship, Lymphoma
- Children diagnosed with cancer remain at risk from a variety of serious, long-term complications. Dr. Lisa Diller from Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center says that new treatments can mitigate these risks for the next generation of pediatric cancer survivors.
Tags: BreastCancer, ChildhoodCancer, Survivorship
- WBZ-TV profiled the Young Adult Program at Dana-Farber. Program director Karen Fasciano says they help patients aged 18-39 with the unique circumstances they face living with cancer.
Tags: PatientSupport, Survivorship
- Dr. Jennifer Ligibel co-led a study, presented at the 2015 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO),that evaluated cancer survivors for quality of life, physical activity and fitness. Additional authors of the study include Drs. Sara Tolaney, Erica Mayer, Rachel Yung and Rachel Freedman.
Tags: Exercise, Survivorship
- The treatment for some cancers can put a cancer patient at risk years later for secondary cancers and related disorders, including myelodysplastic syndrome, says Dr. David Steensma.
- Dr. Lawrence Shulman writes that the controversy surrounding Lance Armstrong and his cycling career should not diminish the importance and impact of Armstrong's advocacy on behalf of cancer patients and cancer survivors worldwide.
Tags: PatientEducation, PatientSupport, Survivorship
- Cancer survivors face many long-term effects of treatment, but the adverse effects on sexual health are often ignored, said Dr. Sharon Bober of Dana-Farber’s Sexual Health Program. The program is one of the first of its kind to be based in a cancer center and helps cancer survivors address sexual issues.
Tags: PatientSupport, Survivorship, CopingWithCancer
- Researchers at Dana-Farber have developed a brief questionnaire that can help identify cancer survivors most in need of psychological help.
Tags: BasicResearch, Survivorship