News tagged ‘CervicalCancer’ clear
- More than 250 women business and community leaders will gather for the fifth Susan. F. Smith Center for Women's Cancers Executive Council, Beyond Boston Luncheon. The luncheon will include a panel discussion led by Eric P. Winer.
Tags: BreastCancer, CervicalCancer, OvarianCancer, GynecologicCancers
- Patient Erica Kaitz has a rare form of uterine cancer. It has forced Erica and her husband to become involved in the world of cancer research and fundraising. Dr. Suzanne George talks about the disease.
Tags: CervicalCancer, OvarianCancer
- Dr. Robert Haddad wrote that it is important to stop viewing the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine as a political, moral or religious flashpoint and cited the need to educate parents of the risks, so they can make informed decisions.
Tags: BasicResearch, CervicalCancer, OralCancer
- The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force's new guidelines recommend that women ages 21 to 65 undergo pap smear screening for cervical cancer every three years, Dr. Ursula Matulonis says cervical cancer is often slow growing and that it's highly unlikely to see changes from year to year if a woman has a normal (negative) pap smear.
Tags: CervicalCancer, GynecologicCancers
- Dr. Sarah Feldman comments on the often-confusing guidelines as to which women need routine Pap tests. Pap tests are used to check for cervical cancer.