News tagged ‘Development’ clear
Uzo Aduba, most well-known for playing Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren on the Netflix show, “Orange Is The New Black,” will run in the 2015 Boston Marathon as part of the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge team.
Tags: Exercise, JimmyFund, Development
- This year’s WEEI/NESN Jimmy Fund Radio-Telethon raised over $3.3 million for patient care and cancer research at Dana-Farber. The two-day event featured personal stories of patients, clinical staff and researchers.
Tags: JimmyFund, Partnerships, RadioTelethon, Development
- Dana-Farber is raising $50.9 million in bond proceeds to finance the build-out of a 154,100-square-foot, state-of-the-art research space at the nearly completed Longwood Center in the heart of Boston’s medical community.
- Massachusetts offers car owners the chance to own one of several specialty license plates, including one featuring the Jimmy Fund/Boston Red Sox. Money raised from the plate is divided equally between the Red Sox Foundation and the Jimmy Fund.
Tags: BostonRedSox, JimmyFund, Development
- Bras for The Cause, a fundraiser that asks artists to create unique designs based off a bra, is displaying their creative work at Copley Place. Forty bras will be auctioned off and the proceeds will go to Dana-Farber.
- Many aspiring runners have applied to run for the 2014 Boston Marathon's 138 official charities, including Dana-Farber, but not all have been able to secure a spot.
- Dana-Farber Senior Vice President for Development Susan Paresky, who led Dana-Farber's capital campaign in 2010, is profiled.
- David Perini's longstanding ties to the Jimmy Fund date back to 1948 when his father helped establish it. The Perini family has continued to support Dana-Farber, most recently by riding in the Pan Massachusetts Challenge (PMC). David, the family patriarch who has ridden in the PMC since 1991 and founded Team Perini, is passing along the fundraising torch to his son, Tim, and daughter, Jennifer. (requires a subscription)
Tags: PanMassChallenge, Development
- After being unable to finish last year’s marathon, Courtney Rubin will run the Boston Marathon again as part of the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge.
Tags: PatientSupport, Development