News tagged ‘EndOfLife’ clear
- A study by Dr. Susan Dale Block found that the less money spent on medical care at the end of a person’s life resulted in a better death experience.
- In a recent national study led by Dr. Jane Weeks, 69 percent of those with stage 4 lung cancer and 81 percent of those with stage 4 colon cancer failed to understand that chemotherapy was not at all likely to cure their cancer.
Tags: chemotherapy, EndOfLife
- Nine factors explain some of the variance in the quality of life of patients with advanced cancer in end-of-life care, according to a study led by Dr. Holly Prigerson and associates at Dana-Farber and published in the Archives of Internal Medicine.
- Actress Valerie Harper, diagnosed with brain cancer, has joined the latest cast of ABC's Dancing with the Stars. Dr. Karen Fasciano says end-stage cancer patients living life to the fullest has been a growing trend that's been a part of the hospice movement.
Tags: EndOfLife, PatientSupport, BrainTumors, CopingWithCancer
- Boston Globe reporter Beth Healy wrote about her partner, Kris Kono, who was a patient of Dr. Alexi Wright, and the experience of having a loved one diagnosed with cancer of unknown primary.
- A study by researchers at Dana-Farber shows many patients with advanced cancers put false hope in chemotherapy. The study, published in the New England Journal of Medicine, found 69 percent of patients with lung cancer and 81 percent of those with colorectal cancer did not report understanding chemotherapy was not likely to cure their cancer.
Tags: chemotherapy, BasicResearch, EndOfLife
- A study by Dr. Tracy Balboni found that oncologists cited a lack of training as one reason why their terminally ill patients do not receive spiritual care at the end of life.
Tags: EndOfLife, PatientSupport